Has anyone seen this yet??

The amount of sugar this kid (or should i say very creepy dinosaur) consumes is beyond real. My stomach hurts from just watching this! and the funny thing is even though the kid is funneling and entire bag of sugar, i wouldn't be surprised if kids today ate that amount of sugar in only 1 year...

Rachel, CA




Dear Stop Sugar,

After watching the dinosaur funnel a whole bag of sugar, I wondered how long it would take me to consume a whole bag of sugar, given that I drink a bottle of Coke everyday.

In order to find out, I did a little research and a little math with my calculator, and here is what I found out…

Typically, a bag of sugar contains 5 lbs.
A bottle of Coke contains 39g of sugar per serving.
Unfortunately, each bottle has 2.5 servings… So, a bottle of soda ultimately contains 97.5 g of sugar. **For those of you who can’t picture how much sugar 97.5 g is, it is A LOT of sugar… To a point where I was shocked that 97.5 g of sugar can actually dissolve in 20 fl oz. of Coke**

Anyway, here is what I found out:
If you drink just ONE 20 fl oz. bottle of Coke daily, you ARE consuming 5 lbs of sugar in just about 23 DAYS! I’ve been consuming 5 lbs of sugar almost on a monthly basis (if not more, since I probably get sugar from my meals, snacks and desserts). Drinking ONE 20 fl oz. bottle of coke daily for 1 month equates to consuming 5(+) lbs of sugar monthly. This equates to 60+ lbs of sugar annually and 600+ lbs of sugar every 10 years. I am so thankful I watched the video and took the time to figure things out mathematically. It makes sense (although it is so, so scary how much sugar I have consumed already) and it’ll definitely help me to eat and drink healthier from now on.

Brittany, AL